1. These are the competition specific terms and conditions for the “NIVEA® 5in1 Complete Care Body Care Winter Drive Competition” (“the Competition”).
2. The promoter of the Competition is Beiersdorf Consumer Products (Pty) Ltd (with registration number: 2000/010257/07), a company duly incorporated under the company laws of the Republic of South Africa and having its registered place of business situated at 4th Floor, Beacon Rock, 21 Lighthouse Road, Umhlanga Rocks, 4319 (“the Promoter”).
3. The Competition is only open to persons who are either South African citizens or Permanent South African Residence, and excludes the Promoter, the Promoter’s advertising and promotional agencies, any directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Promoter, any supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition and the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified aforesaid.
4. The Competition is open from 09h00 on 1 May 2023 and ends at 23h59 on 31 August 2023 (the closing date). Any entries received before 09h00 on 1 May 2023 and after the closing date will not be considered.
5. It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure that his/her entry is received within the competition dates. Any entries, which are not received before the closing date, will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
6. The Promoter and its affiliates are not responsible for any entries, which are not received by it, regardless of the cause for non-receipt.
7. The Promoter and its affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, computer system, server, or provider, which may have hindered entry into the Competition.
8. To enter the Competition, entrants are required to:
8.1. Purchase anyone (1) of the qualifying products -
• NIVEA® Essential Female Body Lotion/Cream product;
• NIVEA® Men Body Lotion/Cream product;
• NIVEA® Hand Cream.
8.2. Send “Hi” on the NIVEA® WhatsApp Line (087 163 2028) and follow the prompts.
8.3. Once prompted, answer the profiling and Competition questions.
8.4. Send us a picture of the till slip as proof of purchase, showing the purchase of the qualifying product, the date, and the retailer.
9. Entrants are permitted to enter multiple times, subject to each entry being linked to a new separate purchase and till slip, as per clause 8 above, however, entrants are only eligible to win 1 (one) weekly prize, once for the duration of the Competition. This does not preclude a weekly winner from also standing a chance to win the grand prize.
10. Prizes: Entrants stand a chance to win their share of R 1 000 000 (One Million Rands):
10.1. There will be 16 (sixteen) weekly draws from eligible entries received, with the first weekly draw on or about 23 May 2023 and the last weekly draw on or about 4 September 2023, where ten (10) eligible entrants each stand a chance to win R5 000 (five thousand Rands) cash each in the weekly draw;
10.2. There will be 4 (four) monthly draws from eligible entries received, with the first montly draw on or about 12 June 2023; the second monthly draw on or about 10 July 2023; the third monthly draw on or about 7 August 2023; and the last monthly draw on or about 4 September 2023, where one (1) eligible winner stands a chance to win R25 000 (twenty-five thousand Rands) cash in the monthly draw;
10.3. The Grand Prize draw shall take place on 11 September 2023 whereby one (1) eligible winner will stand a chance to win R100 000 (one hundred thousand Rands) cash.
11. In total, there will be:
11.1. 160 (one hundred and sixty) weekly winners x R5 000 (Five thousand Rands) drawn during the Competition period, to a total value of R800 000 (Eight hundred thousand Rands only);
11.2. 4 (four) monthly winners x R25 000 (twenty-five thousand Rands) drawn during the Competition period, to a total value of R100 000 (One hundred thousand Rands only).
11.3. All valid entries shall also be entered into the Grand Prize draw for a chance to win one (1) Grand Prize, to the value of R100 000 (One hundred thousand Rands only).
11.3.1. All entrants who have complied with the requirements for a valid entry, as set out in clause 8 above (including providing a valid till slip showing the participating product purchased with a date clearly within the Competition dates) shall be entered into a random draw for the Grand Prize.
12. All winners will be randomly drawn.
13. All winners will be notified telephonically within one (1) week of the respective draw dates, and they will be required to verify their details and banking details.
14. The Promoter shall attempt to contact winners 3 (three) times over a 48 (forty-eight) hour period on the cell phone number used to enter. If a winner cannot be contacted, or cannot provide the necessary information, within the timeframe given, the chance to be a winner shall be forfeited, and a substitute winner shall be randomly drawn.
15. Cash prizes will be paid to winners via EFT to the Banking Account details provided on WhatsApp. Once details have been provided and verified, the eligible winner for the monthly prize and grand prize shall be asked to provide a bank letter to confirm their banking details. After payment has been made, we request that the eligible winner confirms receipt of the cash prize EFT in writing.
16. The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable, under any circumstances.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to change and/or postpone or terminate the Competition immediately without notice. In the event of such change or termination, all entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents or distributors.
18. Neither the Promoter nor its agents, distributors, nor any of the Promoter’s directors, officers, employees, or agents shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential, or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the entrants in connection with this Competition or the use of the prizes.
19. The eligible prize winners may be required to sign an indemnity. Failure to sign the indemnity shall result in the prize being forfeited.
20. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all the Promoter’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the entrants and eligible winners for entering the Competition or in claiming any prizes, where applicable.
22. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed, captured, and approved by the Promoter, and will not be used for any other purpose than for execution of the Competition and in line with applicable legislation.
24. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit, or avoid any rights or obligations created for either the participant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
25. By entering the Competition, entrants acknowledge that the Competition will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Qualifying entrants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoter to comply with their obligations under the CPA.
26. The Promoter's decision(s) shall be final, and no correspondence will be entered.
27. Detailed standard terms and conditions apply and can be found at: https://www.nivea.co.za/about-us/terms-and-conditions
28. Entering this Competition constitutes the unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions.