1. These are the competition specific terms and conditions for the “Nivea Spar 2020 competition” (“the Competition”).
2. The promoter of the Competition is Beiersdorf Consumer Products (Pty) Ltd, a company registered under the laws of the Republic of South Africa, with its registered address at 4th Floor, Beacon Rock, 21 Lighthouse Road, Umhlanga Rocks, 4319, Republic of South Africa (“the Promoter”).
3. Entry into the Competition constitutes unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. The Competition is not open to directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Promoter or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition, as well as the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in above.
5. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians to enter the Competition and to accept a prize should a prize be awarded.
6. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that his/her entry is received within the competition dates, 19 October 2020 – 20 January 2021. Any entries, which are not received before 20 December 2020 midnight, will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
7. To enter the Competition, entrants are required to:
7.1 Purchase any Nivea® products from any participating Spar store;
7.2 Dial *120*5676# and provide the details required. USSD entry costs 20c for 20 seconds; and
7.3 Retain his/her Spar till slip.
Entrants can enter the Competition as many times as they like, provided that each entry into the Competition must be linked to a separate purchase and till slip.
8. This Competition is only for SPAR stores in South Africa.
9. Entrants are responsible to ensure they provide their correct details when entering the Competition. The Promotor shall not be responsible for any incorrect information provided by entrants.
10. Eligible winners will be contacted by the Promotor or its agents over a 48 hour period. Where an eligible winner cannot be contacted, such eligible winner shall forfeit his/her eligibility to win a prize and the Promotor shall draw a substitute eligible winner and these same terms and conditions shall apply.
11. Any prize not taken up for any reason within two months of having been contacted or notified by the Promotor, shall be forfeited.
12. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash nor transferable.
Entrants stand the chance to win the following prizes:
13. A share of R64 800 airtime in increments of R12.00 daily;
14. A share of R100 000 in increments R200 via Cash Send; and
15. Weekly prizes to the value of R8 483.00 in the form of either 32” TVS, Smart phones or Tablets.
16. The airtime prizes of R12 will be delivered automatically to the handset of the winner via the mobile number that was used to enter the Competition.
17. The cash prizes of R200.00 will be delivered automatically to the handset of the winner via the mobile number that was used to enter the Competition.
18. The prizes such as TV’s, Phones and tablets will be couriered to winners once winners’ details have been confirmed and the verified documents have been received.
19. Subject to the eligible winners having complied with these terms and conditions, the prizes will be delivered to the winners within 7 working days thereafter.
20. The Promoter, its directors, agents, and affiliates are not responsible for any entries, which are not received by it, regardless of the cause for non-receipt.
21. The Promoter, its directors, agents, and affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, computer system, server, or provider, which may have hindered entry into this Competition.
22. The Promotor shall not be liable for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
24. No applications from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer shall be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries shall be accepted. Entries shall only be accepted in compliance with these terms and conditions.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to change and/or postpone or terminate the Competition immediately without notice. In the event of such change or termination, all entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its directors, affiliates, agents or distributors.
26. Neither the Promoter not its agents, distributors, nor any of the Promoter’s directors, officers or employees shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the entrants in connection with this Competition or the use of the prizes.
27. The eligible prize winners may be required to sign an indemnity. Failure to sign the indemnity shall result in the prize being forfeited.
28. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all the Promoter’s obligations regarding the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
29. The Promoter shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the entrants and eligible winners or entering the Competition or in claiming any prizes, where applicable.
30. Winners will be given the opportunity to agree to the publication of their names and to appear in person in the electronic media and the print media if required. Winners are not obliged to support this marketing activity and may decline, including endorsing, promoting, or advertising the Promoter’s brand, for which no fee will be payable.
31. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed, captured and approved by the Promoter, and will not be used for any other purpose than for execution of the Competition and in line with applicable legislation.
33. Entrants agree that their participation in the Competition, and their acceptance and/or use of prizes, or any aspect thereof, is at their own risk.
34. The Promoter and its affiliates shall not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by entrants’ participation in the Competition or the acceptance and/or use by entrants, their partners (where applicable), of the prizes.
35. The Promoter’s decision on any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on all entrants, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
36. This Competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed, interpreted and implemented in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
37. Any provision of these terms and conditions which is or may become illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability and shall be treated as having not been written (i.e. pro non scripto) and severed from the balance of these terms and conditions, without invalidating the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions and without affecting the validity or enforceability of these terms and conditions in any other jurisdiction.
38. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
39. By entering the Competition, entrants acknowledge that the Competition will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Qualifying entrants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoter to comply with their obligations under the CPA.