Unique skincare needs deserve unique skincare solutions. Melanin-rich, darker skin tones may experience skin concerns such as very dry skin, dullness and sometimes uneven skin on certain areas of the body. Products formulated especially for the needs of melanin-rich skin tones have been developed specifically to address these needs and reveal the skin’s natural radiance and glow. Find out about essential ingredients to look out for to support your beautiful skin and carefully formulated skincare products that can be used to bring out the radiant beauty of your skin.
Let’s recap on the unique skin concerns that women with melanin- rich skin tones may experience:
- Dry, dull and ashy skin caused by lack of ceramides and depleted moisture levels
- Uneven skin tone caused by excess melanin production and by overexposure to the sun
- Stretchmarks caused by skin rapidly stretching and shrinking
KEY MELANIN-LOVING INGREDIENTS TO TREAT TOP CONCERNS:
Natural oils like avocado, macadamia, almond, olive and soybean oils have healing and moisture replenishing properties helping to restore and rejuvenate your skin’s healthy glow.
Vitamins in skincare like vitamin A, C, E, B3, Pro-Vitamin B5 have a potent antioxidant action that brightens the complexion and restores the skins moisture barrier.
Protects the skin from sun damage and prevents the formation of uneven skin and dark marks.
Natural ingredients with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to even out the skin tone for smoother, healthier skin like turmeric and pearl extract.
TIPS FOR GORGEOUS GLOWING SKIN:
The beauty of your skin is a marvel to be adored, cared for and celebrated. There are optimal ways to care for melanin-rich skin to keep it glowing and radiant:
- Wear sunscreen every day, even if you’re not spending time in the sun.
- Use lotions and creams that provide the ingredients and nutrients the skin needs to maintain its protective barrier and deliver moisture deeply into the skin. This will help avoid skin dehydration.
- Be gentle with your skin. Avoid picking at blemishes or scabs, as this can lead to uneven skin tone.
- Use gentle exfoliators once or twice a week to avoid disrupting the skin barrier.
WHAT PRODUCTS CAN I USE TO ADDRESS THESE SKIN CONCERNS?
Reveal your skin’s natural beauty in all its glory with NIVEA’s new body care range formulated for the unique skin needs of melanin-rich skin. Scientific research has resulted in two perfectly formulated body care products that address the needs of darker skin tones.
Take back your glow. Say goodbye to dry, ashy skin for 48H nourishment and reduce the appearance of stretchmarks.
Key ingredients – 5 natural oils and 5 vitamins:
Avocado oil: Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
Macadamia oil: Excellent moisturiser
Almond oil: Smooths and rejuvenates
Olive oil: Helps treat dry skin
Soybean oils: Strengthens skin barrier
Blend of vitamins: Vitamins A, C, E, B3 and Pro-Vitamin B5
Bring back your skin’s natural, even glow. For 48H moisturising care for skin that tends to be darker and drier on certain areas of your body, especially on elbows, knees and knuckles. The secret to even and radiant skin is out.
Even Glow Key Ingredients
95% Pure Vitamin C: Potent antioxidant
Pearl Extract: Evens out skin tone, for smoother skin
Turmeric: Restores natural even skin tone
SPF15: Protection from the sun