Aloe Vera is a member of the succulent plant species. The moisture content of the Aloe Vera leaf averages at 95%, which is locked in by a waxy outer coat.
Studies have proven that the gel of the Aloe Vera plant provides the skin with moisture and protects it from drying out at the same time. Aloe Vera leaves secrete a clear gel. When you break off a leaf from the rest of the plant you can apply the gel inside to dry, sunburned or wounded skin. When used as an ingredient in skin care products, Aloe Vera works to support the skin’s natural moisture balance.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA FOR SKIN?
- Soothing Burned Skin: Aloe Vera contains cooling properties that can soothe skin and replenish minerals and vitamins. The moisturising and sensitive properties can help the irritation from burned or sun damaged skin which is why Aloe Vera is present in NIVEA Aftersun Moisturising Soothing Spray.
- Moisturising: Aloe Vera helps intensely moisturise skin without leaving that greasy feeling behind. It locks in moisture and leaves skin smooth and soft. Try NIVEA Aloe & Hydration Body Lotion that absorbs immediately and leaves your skin soothed, refreshed and pleasantly fragranced - after just 1 application.
- Great for Sensitive Skin: Aloe Vera is perfect for irritated skin with compounds purported to help suppress inflammation.
- Antibacterial properties: With antibacterial properties and acid that helps unclog pores it can be beneficial if you have pimples by lightly exfoliating your skin. Discover NIVEA Naturally Good Micellar Face Wash which has 99% natural origin ingredients including organic Aloe Vera to sooth sensitive skin.
- Slow signs of ageing: By keeping skin highly moisturised, containing antioxidants and acting as an astringent slow down signs of ageing like wrinkles.
WHAT’S IN ALOE VERA?
- Vitamins & Minerals: Aloe Vera is vitamin rich with A, B, C, and E as well magnesium, potassium and zinc all thought to help with the healing benefits of Aloe Vera.
- Water: Aloe Vera is mostly water! This helps moisturise and the other ingredients lock in the moisture leaving you hydrated for longer.
- Salicylic Acid: A common skincare ingredient, Aloe Vera contains a small amount of Salicylic Acid which gives it it’s light exfoliating properties.
- Glucomannan: Thought to provide healing properties to skin.
There are hundreds of other ingredients in Aloe Vera that also help skin.